Thurston braces in London

"The brute covers himself, the rich man and the fop adorn themselves, the elegant man dresses!"

-Honore de Balzac

massimo

Wed May 21, 2008 7:08 pm

I am coming to visit London in a couple weeks. Where can you suggest me to find a good selection of Thurston braces in town?

Thanks

Massimo
storeynicholas

Wed May 21, 2008 7:46 pm

Cording's in Piccadilly - or just about any of the haberdashers in Jermyn Street. Some of them bear their own brand names but they are probably all made by Thurston.
NJS
storeynicholas

Wed May 21, 2008 7:48 pm

Cording's in Piccadilly - or just about any of the haberdashers in Jermyn Street. Some of them bear their own brand names but they are probably all made by Thurston. One thing to bear in mind is that the ones with white leather button tabs are better than those with brown or black leather because you will find that the dark leather dye sometimes leaches out with body heat and sweat and may stain light-coloured clothing.
NJS
Bishop of Briggs

Fri May 30, 2008 10:41 pm

T M Lewin in Jermyn Street is the cheapest source of Thurston braces at around £20. For exotic silks, Turnbull & Asser has a fantastic range. For limited editions, try Budd in the Piccadilly Arcade.
Sir Royston

Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:17 am

Dear All

For no reason whatsoever I ended up going rather.. yellow today!!
Lewin lemon herringbone Shirt
Pakeman Catto and Carter tweed Trousers
Vintage Thurston Braces
Pantherella yellow socks with sock suspenders that almost match my braces
generic silver armbands
Vintage Tootal Cravat
loakes suede brogues
and of course, my Senna Tag.. my only nod to modernity!!

RBH
  • Information