My new bespoke tie

"The brute covers himself, the rich man and the fop adorn themselves, the elegant man dresses!"

-Honore de Balzac

TimMureau

Mon Feb 11, 2008 5:39 pm

My new bespoke tie is arrived today, these are two pictures of the tie.

I choose this time not for flowers or dots but for stripes. I did want to try somehing different this time.

Enjoy of the pictures.

Guille

Mon Feb 11, 2008 6:39 pm

Tim,

Congratulations for this great bespoke tie. Its the details that make it avoid being the typical striped tie: alterning black stripes with the changing colour stripes, but in colours that make an aesthetic transition between them; the fact that black stripes are stlightly more thick than the other ones, so that they also serve more as a background; and the fact that the weave is in the opposite diagonal of the stripes.
HappyStroller

Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:27 pm

Thank you, Tim, for the pics.

Sir, how did you order them? From a store near you? Via the Internet? How much would such ties cost? E.g., a navy tie with small, perfectly round, white polka dots?
King Francis

Tue Feb 12, 2008 8:28 am

HS: Sam Hober was offering a beautiful tie such as you describe until very recently, but when I checked tonight I found that it's now out of stock.

http://www.samhober.com/store/english-d ... 17279.html

It does say, however: "We plan on weaving more of this pattern in the future. If you have colors that you are interested in please let us know."

I had been planning the purchase of this very tie in the fairly near future. Perhaps if we both e-mail, it will give legs to their restocking plans.
HappyStroller

Tue Mar 11, 2008 6:08 am

Thank you, Sir, for your suggestion.

However, I've managed to purchase a reasonably-priced off-the-rack white polka dots on navy blue tie at an international airport at about US$35. The retail outlet is part of a chain of outlets, called Tie Rack, one of which can be found at Heathrow Airport.
  • Information