online shirtmakers

"The brute covers himself, the rich man and the fop adorn themselves, the elegant man dresses!"

-Honore de Balzac

yialabis

Thu Nov 08, 2007 2:38 pm

Good morning to all ! Does any of you gentleman has any experience on online shirtmakers ? For example "camiceria di Como" (which I found randomly while on research) or any other who can provide a good service. Since I have my measurements from previously bespoke shirts would you think it is worth trying?

Kind regards

Vassilis
Ed

Thu Nov 08, 2007 4:28 pm

http://mytailor.com/ (Joe Hemrajani)

makes a decent shirt
kirsch

Tue Nov 20, 2007 3:53 pm

I second Ed's post. Though, I got measured by one of their travelling reps in the U.S. I've not tried a straight web-based order.
yialabis

Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:20 pm

I beleive I found something of great value at www.belisariocamicie.it Here are a few photos of a very well done shirt . Sleeves , button holes , collar , cuffs, shoulders and spala (I don't know what is called in Enlish but it is the side part ) are all made by hand . The mesurments are right according to the ones I send and the cloth a beautiful zephir 2/120 . Good value as well as for this mostly hand made shirt I got charged 215 euro !
It feels really confortable to wear.! The only thing they got wrong was the fact that the hand made monogramm is in small letters instead of capital . Shirt took two weeks to be in Athens from Italy from the day I placed the order .

Kind regards
Vassilis
Image[/img]
[/img]Image

hgb3

Fri Nov 21, 2008 8:58 pm

I'll go with Ed and Kirsch, Hemrajani makes a very nice shirt and has a pretty good selection of fabrics.
Rossini

Tue Nov 25, 2008 12:39 am

I too have looked at Camiciera di Como, as well as other Italian on-line options like Patro and Vittorio Marchesi. I've posted about them as well but have never found anyone to have used them. Most people's experience seems to be limited to the Indian or US-based operations, as well as Fil'Harmonie / Liste Rouge (directly or through KJ Beckett). Although I haven't tried them, I would be very interested to hear any experiences about those Italian vendors specifically, though I am guessing I'll just have to take the plunge myself at some point.
MattiaPascal

Thu Nov 27, 2008 3:30 pm

Afternoon,

I feel somewhat nervous making this post since having perused the site for a few weeks I am all too aware that far greater sartorial minds than mine abound here. I would offer my thanks to all those who do indeed make the site worth reading but I fear it would sound very much like a dreadful Oscar winning speech.

I'm afraid what comes next will both assist and frustrate in that my cousin purchased a few Patro shirts the other year. He, however, was able to visit them directly and therefore I can't shed any light upon the online service. I didn't examine the shirts in great detail and therefore will refrain from making any comment upon their quality. I hope to see him and the rest of la famiglia early next year. If you can wait until then, I'll be able to post some photos and add some comments.

MP
  • Information