Fintex - any comments?

"The brute covers himself, the rich man and the fop adorn themselves, the elegant man dresses!"

-Honore de Balzac

pchong

Fri Jun 30, 2006 9:40 am

I was talking to a local tailor, and he mentioned that Fintex makes the best worsted/woolens in his experience. And many of these cloths are made exclusively for the Japan market. In the Richard Anderson newsletter, I forget which, mention was made to this as well. Anyone with experience with this cloth or mill?

thanks.
Mark Seitelman

Sat Jul 01, 2006 4:09 am

Until about 4 years ago Brooks Bros. carried Fintex in its MTM department. Fintex was dropped along with other collections, such as Smith's and Harrison's, when Brooks created its own MTM collection of cloths.

I recall that Fintex's cloths were displayed in a book but loose.

I haven't seen Fintex since that time.
Last edited by Mark Seitelman on Mon Jul 03, 2006 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alias

Sat Jul 01, 2006 12:52 pm

For some reason Fintex is popular with Asian countries like Japan and South Korea. I examined some of the cloth but it wasn't anything spectacular.
Mark Seitelman

Mon Jul 03, 2006 1:06 pm

I recall the Fintex offering very fine cloths in the super ranges. Jay Walter at Brooks tended to push these, but the hardier clothes of Smith's and Harrison's were more to my liking.
jklu

Tue Jul 04, 2006 10:41 am

I remember the Fintex at Brooks being somewhat pushed onto the guy who was ordering. He didn't end up doing it, because it was rather pricey. I don't think it was very good stuff, but perhaps they do better for their Japanese/Asian exclusives. But it was the kind of cloth that would impress certain tailors enamoured with superfine "luxury".
Alias

Tue Jul 04, 2006 11:07 am

Most Asian tailors are enamored of superfine fabrics.
  • Information