Stylish slim wallets

"The brute covers himself, the rich man and the fop adorn themselves, the elegant man dresses!"

-Honore de Balzac

internationalist

Sun Sep 25, 2011 6:30 pm

Gentlemen? Any recommendations? Many thanks!
DFR

Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:02 pm

Try Launer - just put name in Google. An excellent range, personalisation (initials) possible (gold and 'blind') as well as standard lines in different colours if you ask.
NJS

Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:41 am

Try WS Foster/henry Maxwell for a bespoke at very little over the cost of a ready-made thing. And what's all this about initials on wallets? Do you leave it lying around?! Bizarre.
NJS
DFR

Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:39 pm

NJS wrote:v . And what's all this about initials on wallets? Do you leave it lying around?! Bizarre.
NJS
Preference - there is absolutely no reason why not - oh and to answer your question, no.
internationalist

Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:19 pm

Thanks for all the recommendations! There are really some nice ones.
shredder

Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:58 am

DFR wrote:there is absolutely no reason why not
I haven't heard that one before.
NJS

Wed Sep 28, 2011 1:06 pm

shredder wrote:
DFR wrote:there is absolutely no reason why not
I haven't heard that one before.
    Shredder: my dear fellow, didn't you know - it's the mantra of the age. "Let's start a riot"..."There's absolutely no reason why not"..."Let's go naked and streak down the road"..."There's absolutely no reason why not"..."Let's wear brown brogues with a navy blue suit"..."There's absolutely no reason why not" :lol:
    NJS
    internationalist

Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:39 pm

Gentlemen, quick question:

Those of you who use coins, do you use a wallet with coin pocket or you just keep the bank notes in the wallet and the coins in your pocket?
    DFR

Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:07 pm

internationalist wrote:Gentlemen, quick question:

Those of you who use coins, do you use a wallet with coin pocket or you just keep the bank notes in the wallet and the coins in your pocket?
    Whilst one might prefer not to use coins both one's means and the fact that change is normally provided in such form removes any choice!

Coins in a pocket of your choice, there is something inherently wrong with a wallet that has a coin pocket and I do not have one.
    alexeberlin

Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:59 am

I've used a Dunhill wallet for a long time..it does not have a coin pocket and I hate coin purses for men. Use a pocket.
    internationalist

Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:47 am

Do you prefer the wallets with coin purses or separate coin purses (no) or the coins just hanging in your pockets? Don't you have too many coins?
    hectorm

Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:27 pm

internationalist wrote: Don't you have too many coins?
    Hello internationalist,
    since you revived this thread after so many months, I seize the opportunity to say that for several years now I have decided to go strictly coinless and it has worked fantastically. I would advise this to everyone. It´s a small liberation.
    I simply do not carry them at the start of the day and I found that I don´t need them at all. And in the few occasions when I get some change (on average only two or three coins and maybe twice a week) I slide them flat in a credit card slot in my wallet (the same place I keep my wedding band while playing sports) until I unload them at home in the evening.
    Counting (at least) my iPhone, wallet, money clip, reading glasses, sun glasses, car, house and odd keys, and sometimes a pen, tissues, and pills, I´m already putting too much stress on my tailor´s skills. :)
    Noble Savage

Fri Jun 15, 2012 5:44 pm

DFR wrote:Whilst one might prefer not to use coins both one's means and the fact that change is normally provided in such form removes any choice!
    Leaving coins at their source alleviates the problem of having them.
    hectorm

Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:30 pm

Noble Savage wrote: Leaving coins at their source alleviates the problem of having them.
    And overall saves some money. In the US, pennies and nickels cost more to produce than 1 or 5 cents respectively. :wink:
    • Information