Full Review - Richard Lim Tailor & Finished Summer Jacket

"The brute covers himself, the rich man and the fop adorn themselves, the elegant man dresses!"

-Honore de Balzac

alden

Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:26 am

Coolal

The coat is short in back balance. You should ask your tailor to "pass the back up" and drop the front down to establish a better balance point. In this way, the back will not kick out and the vents will stay closed.

Cheers
dkst

Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:03 pm

The 3 piece suit looks very nice as well. Once again, I think you have a found yourself a wonderful tailor.

There is some slight excess at the blades which is often left intentionally for comfort.

The balance looks fine by my humble estimation. In the front shot with the jacket unbuttoned the fronts hang evenly. Adjusting the balance at this stage would be a major alteration and requesting it might be hazardous to your relationship with the tailor.

Enjoy your suit!
Costi

Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:23 pm

dkst, I think Michael talks about front/back balance, not left/right (which seems fine indeed).
coolal

Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:51 am

I've been under the radar for a few months, but it's time for another update!

I knew the minute I received my RAF PoW Brisa that it would end up being a special commission.

This is by far my favorite jacket that I've had made. I'd like to think it's the culmination of everything before it.

Richard Lim still has enough cloth left for some trousers and a waistcoat; still trying to determine how I'll have them made up.

I have two lengths of LL linen that I think i'll have made up in the same exact fashion.

Front:

Back:

Side:

Last edited by coolal on Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
davidhuh

Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:53 am

Dear Coolal,

your coat is a stunning beauty! :D

You might want to have your tailor look at your right shoulder in the back, but wear the coat a couple of times first. The entire front is very well proportioned and the arm sleeve sheer perfection. Congratulations to your tailor!

Regarding the waistcoat: my advice would be to keep it simple, six button front. The cloth in itself is interesting enough.

Cheers, david
kamil

Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:36 pm

Coolal,
Congratulations on a fantastic coat! I particularly like the size and shape of the lapels, as well as overall proportions of the coat. Which brings me to my question: what exactly is the distance between the two front buttonholes?
soren

Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:47 pm

Oh dear God, another one. Beautiful! Postings of photos like these is pure torture, so gentlemen, please sign up for the re-issue of this truly fantastic cloth! The sooner the better! :D

Thanks a lot for sharing the photos!

Soren
  • Information