Steven Hitchcock Wabi Sabi

"The brute covers himself, the rich man and the fop adorn themselves, the elegant man dresses!"

-Honore de Balzac

jhwilliams

Mon Mar 07, 2022 8:58 pm

The wabi sabi suit looks fantastic! Enjoy it in good health!!
Anikolov1

Tue Jul 12, 2022 1:02 pm

Dear members,

Yesterday I had my fitting for a second suit with Steven Hitchcock in the Mare test fabric. I wanted to share that despite the initial mismatch of expectations and perhaps miscommunication with Steven, we now get along very well and the relationship is pleasurable. I have had a good relationship with all people I have had clothes made by, so I am glad to be able to say that about Steven as well. There’s only one maker I consider to be my friend where the clothes really are secondary to the relationship and we usually talk for 1-2 hours about life, relationships, society before even getting onto the job of fitting and that’s Michael Browne and I think that’s really mostly that we clicked really well.

Also, the pattern on my second coat with Steven was refined very well in subtle ways without me requesting him to do anything. I was impressed by this and his desire to improve and really create a great looking jacket was evident. On a secondary note the mare fabric is absolutely great, it has a wonderful flow to it and it made up really well. The only negative aspect of it was that as a test cloth there was some issues with the cloth, spots and strings which made what would normally be enough cloth for a jacket and two pairs of trousers be sufficient only for a coat and trousers. Not that big a deal and I don’t regret using it, but it’s something to be noted. I do expect that wouldn’t be the case with the finished cloth. I unfortunately forgot to take any pictures yesterday which is a real shame as I could have shared how the mare looks up made up.

Best,
A
alden

Wed Sep 20, 2023 3:24 pm

Any photos of these beauties? Send the to me and I can post them.
  • Information