First Fitting

"The brute covers himself, the rich man and the fop adorn themselves, the elegant man dresses!"

-Honore de Balzac

Costi

Fri Jun 25, 2010 2:37 pm

Very handsome suit, indeed. It is great when things run smoothly and to everyone's satisfaction - tailor, customer and LL membership! :D
alden

Sun Jun 27, 2010 8:17 am

Excellent work on display...do post pictures when the suit is finished.

Cheers

Michael
old henry

Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:07 pm

Dear Sir, .. Today I had the great honor of talking to your tailor Mr.Vericot. He is the most authentic tailor in the United States . He is a relic and a treasure from a day long gone by. The old world joy of being what you do and loving what you do comes through in his words. The clock ticks very slowly in his shop. You are very lucky to have him. Frank Shattuck.
MTM

Sat Jul 10, 2010 4:10 am

Wow. The suit looks like it will be excellent. Thank you for posting.
rrosals

Sun Jul 11, 2010 12:09 am

Thank you for the kind words everyone.

Frank, I am glad to hear you and Joe had a great conversation. He is truly becoming one of my favorite people to speak with.
old henry

Sun Jul 11, 2010 1:50 am

He is the real deal. There is so much to learn about how life should be lived from these fine old Italian Gentleman. I used to know them. I dont know any anymore . Spend as much time with him as you can. I know that you respect him very much.. Frank.
rrosals

Fri Aug 20, 2010 1:46 pm

Below are pics of the final product. I apologize for the poor photography.

I am extremely happy with the fit and attention to detail.

couch

Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:56 pm

Congratulations, rrosals, what we can see of the fit of that suit seems to me absolutely exemplary. The second photo makes the collar points look like they're lifting slightly, but that may simply be the thickness of the melton, the angle of light, or that they are not smoothed down after putting the coat on. Everything else looks balanced, well-judged and splendid to my eye.

I especially admire the line through the shoulder, sleevehead, and upper sleeve. There is a little rope to define the sleevehead but not enough to "square off" or stiffen the relaxed feel of the silhouette. I would think that this shoulder treatment, along with the correspondingly judicious amount of front drape, might be an excellent model for st.tully to consider in his quest for the perfect SR cut for the "full grown" man.

Felicitations, and thanks for the pictures.
rrosals

Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:21 pm

Thank you for the comments Couch. The issue with the collar you mentioned is definitely a lighting issue. I particularly like how the collar stays glued to my neck no matter what movement I make.

The shoulder treatment is exactly what I was looking for. I have very square shoulders and I think he was able to achieve a great look dispite this. There is virturally no padding a just a little wadding in the sleeve head.
gshen

Sat Aug 21, 2010 2:34 pm

Congratulations on a beautiful suit! Those buttons are especially nice.

Is that cloth the Rangoon 0123? If so, I have a 6x2 DB in the works in exactly the same cloth. Gotta love it!
Merc

Sat Aug 21, 2010 10:27 pm

from the photos, i notice nothing obviously wrong
i mean that as a complement
especially for a first suit!
Last edited by Merc on Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rrosals

Mon Aug 23, 2010 5:24 pm

gshen wrote:Congratulations on a beautiful suit! Those buttons are especially nice.

Is that cloth the Rangoon 0123? If so, I have a 6x2 DB in the works in exactly the same cloth. Gotta love it!
Thank you. I believe the buttons are from Richard James Weldon but I can confirm if you want.

The cloth is 0123 which I am very happy with. I also have 0124 which is a few shades darker that I will have made into a DB.
alden

Mon Aug 23, 2010 5:40 pm

Rrosals

A very nice looking suit. Well done. No one's mentioned it but the tailor made some great pleats on those trousers. The Rangoon crispness makes for Solingen tempered pleats (like the Brisa and Mistral does.)

When is the DB ready?

:D

Michael
rrosals

Mon Aug 23, 2010 6:26 pm

Thank you Michael. The trousers are the best I have ever worn and I honestly don't want to take them off at the end of a day. We just started discussing the DB so not for a while. His turn around time is about 4 months but for subsequent suits I will need less fittings so maybe a little quicker. I will update you on that progress.
alden wrote:Rrosals

A very nice looking suit. Well done. No one's mentioned it but the tailor made some great pleats on those trousers. The Rangoon crispness makes for Solingen tempered pleats (like the Brisa and Mistral does.)

When is the DB ready?

:D

Michael
Costi

Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:59 am

You're in good hands, rrosals, get a few more of these in your wardrobe! I also look forward to seeing a DB from the same hand.
  • Information