The travelling wardrobe of the road warrior

"The brute covers himself, the rich man and the fop adorn themselves, the elegant man dresses!"

-Honore de Balzac

Will

Wed Mar 28, 2007 2:25 pm

rjman wrote: [Will:
What do you do about pilfering and about the general frustrations of baggage inspection?
My bags zip, and in hundreds of trips I've never had one left partially open.

While I was initially put off at the thought of travelling with tens of thousands of dollars of clothes in unlocked bags, a friend in law enforcement told me that, in his opinion, there is less risk of theft during U.S. baggage handling than at any other time because of all the security. So I bought more insurance and have been at ease since.
Concordia

Wed Mar 28, 2007 2:36 pm

Risk is probably highest to smaller items of jewelry, cameras, etc. We've been burned at least once on that front. A tweed jacket or pair of shoes-- that's larger and harder to fence than the other stuff.

Just the same, I think I'll invest in a larger carry-on for my next family vacation, so I can take the good shoes with me. :)
jekarwoski

Fri Mar 30, 2007 2:16 am

Whyescalar:
(make sure these do not have holes - they do remove shoes in Japan and Korea),
and at many US airport security stations. :evil:

Don't forget to use the spaces for some of the packing: I fill my packed shoes with socks, rolled up swim trunks, etc. While I'd like to travel with shoe trees, using the space in this way while saving a a pound or so just makes too much sense.
  • Information