New Cleverley balmorals

"The brute covers himself, the rich man and the fop adorn themselves, the elegant man dresses!"

-Honore de Balzac

T.K.

Fri Feb 14, 2014 1:03 pm

Seeing this beautiful pair (I love the design) I am not readily inclined to criticise. But if I had to I would have to look real hard and say that there seems to be more accent on the shoe’s breadth than necessary. The first picture could be deceiving me but the nose seems pinched at the point of the broguering. And the triangular shape of the placement of the laces also creates an illusion of width. These are very graceful touches, but maybe better suited for a longer or sleeker shoe. Anyway, I feel that I am whining saying these things, particularly because I precisely love it that there seems to be only a modest amount of elongation in the nose.
jerrybrowne

Sat Feb 15, 2014 12:43 am

mafoofan wrote:Any frank critiques? Want to improve any way possible.
Very nice. As stated above, I would change the spacing of the lace holes if I had to change anything.
tsasls

Fri Mar 07, 2014 4:28 am

The graduated lace holes seem to accentuate the width of the shoe,while the galosh brogue line accentuates the length of the shoe.
Did you get the desired result from the combination?
lxlloyd

Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:07 pm

A beautiful design- now the critique can come when the shoe has been worn and you can attest how they wear!
pear

Sun Apr 13, 2014 11:38 pm

I really can't decide if I like 'triangular' shape of the lace holes or not. Either way a beautiful pair of shoes. I hope they wear as well as they look.
Dr T

Sat Jun 28, 2014 6:57 pm

My next shoes will be from Cleverley - the Balmorals look beautiful
VRaivio

Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:09 am

Oh, come now: the triangle lacing mirrors the shape of the human foot. Wider on the ball, changing more narrow up the instep. It's the finest touch, not readily seen on readymade pairs, to form a silent effect.
  • Information