Looking forward to winter

"The brute covers himself, the rich man and the fop adorn themselves, the elegant man dresses!"

-Honore de Balzac

Screaminmarlon

Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:55 pm

Wonderful overcoat! My compliments to customer and taylor.
Saluti
M.
tazmaniac

Sat Aug 03, 2013 8:46 pm

Having just returned from holidays on the beach, I am delighted to see that Karl's creation has found many fans on the lounge. I am the very happy customer and shall endeavour to post pictures of the coat worn as soon as possible. It has proven difficult to dress and pose for such pictures with the current temperatures, even in Switzerland... Thank you again Karl for this magnificent garment!
alden

Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:38 am

Tazmaniac

A very serious craftsman but his heart and soul into the making of your coat. There is a little of my own DNA there as well for having conceived of the Everest. And you made it all possible by your custom and the lovely design.

Thanks for making our dreams come true as well as yours. :D

Cheers
Pins&Needles

Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:20 pm

alden wrote:
Every little detail is a well thought out process.
Karl,

This superb coat displays that thought perfectly.

Once again we see how great craft and great cloth can produce stunning results. I am sure this coat could have been well made with other fabrics, but it would be a very different result. The Everest just shines. It is a coat whose equal you are not going to see very often, if ever...

I just wish there were more Everest cloth around to be made. We may have to do one in another color someday. In the meantime, we have an Etna 2 cashmere that at 21-22 ozs will still make a pretty dazzling garment.

Hope to see you in NY in October...

Cheers

Michael
Hi Michael,

Thanks for the positive comments, it was a real pleasure to make.

I'll be staying in the Kimberly Hotel on the 4th/5th October, it would be great to see you if you could make it?

I would also like to extend this invitation to any other Lounge members who are in New York on theses dates

Regards

Karl
  • Information