30s era Italian shooting coat

"The brute covers himself, the rich man and the fop adorn themselves, the elegant man dresses!"

-Honore de Balzac

Costi

Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:37 pm

That's quite a conversion, Michael!
alden

Sat Jul 07, 2012 4:52 am

Hi Costi

Well it has happened over time. I started with the reversible collar on my Ulster overcoats. This winter I had the collar of my peacoat up during the biting -8 C we suffered for about two months. Good gloves, warm scarf, flaps up...warm as can be.

So when I saw this design from the 30s with the RC on a 3b front I thought it might be very nice...and it is.

Cheers
Pssst

Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:47 pm

radicaldog wrote:I have something very similar in RTW corduroy. It has an action back and only a half belt. And in fact it's italian.
Polo Ralph Lauren?
Screaminmarlon wrote:I'm amazed by the variety of styles here: it's refreshing.
A substantial cloth (and a great taylor/bespeaker combination) does wonders for the beauty of lapel roll!
M.
The design is kinda anachronistic, but I like it. Just like a wool lining. More modern options are down filled garments or other solutions which make use of innovative technical fabrics. As a (removable) lining or as actual outerwear. Remember Agnelli's down vest - dinner jacket combinations? Or his business suit - down filled parka combinations?

Mr Alden, can you tell us what kind of lining you opted for?
lgcintra

Wed Jul 25, 2012 6:52 pm

Dear Michael,

Would you be so kind as to show this shooting coat being worn? From the pictures we (sorry, my uneducated sight) cannot judge perfectly enough the whole ensemble. Do you think this setting would do well with the "new-old LL Gun Club" cloth?

Thanks,
Luis
  • Information