More shameless self-promotion

"The brute covers himself, the rich man and the fop adorn themselves, the elegant man dresses!"

-Honore de Balzac

couch

Fri Oct 21, 2005 9:00 pm

(Note: this is my first post in LL, thanks to Alden and all present)

Manton, as always a lively and concise piece. Thanks for the link (and don't forget to remind the CDTA to change the book title on your byline).

If anyone seriously contemplates doing an edition binding for this or subsequent books, I'd like to recommend my good friend and former colleague Craig Jensen in Austin. He's done edition bindings for many of the finest hand presses and artist's book publishers, including the facsimile of the Ellesmere Chaucer for the Huntington Library/Yushodo. A true artist and very easy to work with. I can provide contact information when the time comes.

And a second book: this is truly good news. Can you hint at the scope or approach yet?

- Randall
cherry77tree

Sat Nov 12, 2005 11:44 pm

Dear Manton,
I found it funny that when I searched Google for the title of your new book, of the six results returned, one of them is Wal-Mart's web site.

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product. ... id=4362542

While I don't think of the average Wal-Mart shopper as the book's target audience, I do think of Wal-Mart as a Machiavellian business enterprise. In any case, congratulations on having a first-tier publisher such as Harper-Collins distributing your book. I can't wait to read it.
cherrytree
Romualdo

Sat Nov 19, 2005 3:26 am

I would love to sell your book in my tailor shop. Please let me know...

Trevor at Romualdo
  • Information