Fox flannel advice pls

"The brute covers himself, the rich man and the fop adorn themselves, the elegant man dresses!"

-Honore de Balzac

Tony_san

Wed Jul 24, 2013 5:05 am

Hi, think i should ask here as i saw some LL and fox cooperation on fox website.

Has anyone seen or even made up something with Fox flannel gray herringbone? I like herringbone but prefer some pattern more sutle for business suits. But in the fox website, I really cannot see any pattern at all. The shade of gray of the herringbone piece looks also a bit too dark for my life. I am sitting on the fence between it and the mid gray woolen 370g. Any real life experience? Pic and opinion will be highly appreciated.

Could you also kindly share some idea on choice between worsted and woolen flannel?

Many thanks.
alden

Wed Jul 24, 2013 12:27 pm

The LL Fox flannels in herringbone are very subtle. There are a few shades of gray to choose from including a lovely blue gray. You might visit a tailor who has the book and look for yourself or if you write Fox they might send you a cutting.

The Ll Fox flannels are heavy woolen flannels, a very rare commodity these days. There are also some excellent heavy worsted flannels available like the Arthur Harrison 8080. But worsted flannels lack a good deal of the mottled charm that true flannel lovers seek.

Cheers
emc894

Thu Jul 25, 2013 6:42 pm

The stock Fox Flannel grey herringbone flannel is very nice. I personally think that the stock mid grey flannels they make have a big of a greyish greenish cast which I dont like but the cloth is very good and the pattern is easy subtle enough to be worn to work.

The London Lounge Flannel is expectional, and the herringbones are my favorites in the bunch.
Tony_san

Sun Jul 28, 2013 1:11 am

Thanks emc for the sharing
  • Information