New Certified Artisans

"The brute covers himself, the rich man and the fop adorn themselves, the elegant man dresses!"

-Honore de Balzac

alden

Sun Oct 16, 2005 2:01 pm

Dear Sirs,

I am very pleased to announce three new additions to the londonlounge.net, CAP: Mr. Alex Kabbaz, Signore Antonio Ambrosi, and Monsieur Jean-Claude Colban.

Mr. Kabbaz is known to the readers of thelondonlounge.net and there are few words needed to introduce this resolute defender of the bespoke apparel arts. His shirts are more three dimensional works of art than apparel but I am quite sure he would prefer to think of them as working and living accessories of elegance and not museum pieces. One day we will have to have Alex visit us in London and Paris.

http://www.customshirt1.com/

Many of our members have written to me about the importance of trousers in elegant dressing. It is true that a well designed and made trouser is an absolute necessity. I have received many compliments regarding the trousers I wear from our chapter members during some of our meetings and given the great difficulty many of you have to find competent help, I am very pleased to accept my own trouser maker from Naples into the CAP.

Maestro Antonio Ambrosi and his son make a beautiful hand made trouser. Photos of the process are available in the CAP photojournal for your study. Over the years I have assembled a variety of trouser patterns in different styles (English, English fish tail, Modified English/Italian etc.) These patterns are available for those members who wish to have a particular style of trouser made. Of course, Ambrosi makes the traditional Neapolitan close fitting trouser for use with a belt as well. He makes them for many of the best names in Naples.

Signore Antonio Ambrosi
Via Giovanni Nicotera, 103
80132 Naples
Italy

Tel: +39 081 414 497
Email: salvatore.ambrosi@virgilio.it

Naming a men’s boutique to the CAP is something I had to think about for awhile until the reality of Charvet’s merits became so obvious. Bespoke suits, shirts, and ties all executed with extreme quality levels and all under one roof. The only shop in the world that comes at all close is Rubinacci’s exquisite London House in Naples.

Please welcome our three new Certified Artisan members.
Last edited by alden on Sat Jan 07, 2006 7:37 pm, edited 3 times in total.
T4phage

Sun Oct 16, 2005 2:54 pm

I too extend my welcome sirs to the C.A.P!

Mr. Kabbaz, your profound knowledge regarding shirting fabrics was displayed to me on another forum when you identified a moire shirt fabric that I had made, as being from an extinct French weaver. Your fitting process has been described to me by several of your clients as being beyond comprehensive, and it seems that the you have to satisfy both your client and yourself, with yourself being the most demanding; a true sign of a dedicated artisan.

Mr. Colban, I have had the great pleasure of having some bespoke shirts commissioned from your lovely store a few years back. Your shirtings and the quality of work and fit are exemplary, and I wear your products with great delight, along with many of Charvet's ties I've accumulated over the years.

Sig. Ambrosi, I hope to meet you next year in Napoli! I have heard many good things regarding your work for our founder, and I would like to see more of your work.

Kind Regards,
Jan
Lookingtoimprove

Wed Oct 19, 2005 7:10 am

My warmest welcome also to Messrs. Kabbaz, Ambrosi, and Colban.

I am especially surprised to see the name of Monsieur Colban in the list of Certified Artisans, just a few days after I was at Charvet for the first fitting of my first :!: bespoke shirt commission. It was a most pleasurable experience where all the necessary time was taken to get things just right and even more time was taken to explain the suggestions for adjustment in the fit of the shirt, however minor they may have or have not been, all despite my not so stellar command of the french language.

Welcome!

Mark

Wed Oct 19, 2005 12:20 pm

A few words about Ambrosi:

1) Do not waste your time with electronic missives or greetings, Ambrosi is not high-tech.

2) If you do not speak Italian and you are in the USA, you can deal with his daughter Fuldia Smart 410-536-4420 who lives in Baltimore

3) I have a different address for Ambrosi: Vico Santa Teresella Degli Spagnoli, 33

4) I am not sure how many people besides Alden have had pants made by Ambrosi, but I have to say, they are everything Alden represents them as (as Bugelli's shirts were too). To give you some idea, a pair of Ambrosi pants is leagues better than Incotex pants I bought off Ebay, to take the standard. Likewize, Bugelli's shirts are quite a bit better than Barba shirts I acquired from different sources. And don't get me wrong, I love Barba shirts (and so does Bugelli).

When is Centofanti going to be inducted as a certified artisan?
  • Information