Where to buy shoe products in Paris?

"The brute covers himself, the rich man and the fop adorn themselves, the elegant man dresses!"

-Honore de Balzac

soren

Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:20 am

Gentlemen

I'm going to Paris by the end of August, and would like to load up on the fabulous shoe care products from Saphir. Does anyone know where it's possible to buy them? And another question: How's the pricing of fx. Crockett & Jones shoes compared to in England (or the internet)? I've noticed theres no less than two C&J and one EG shops in Paris, and living in northern Europe, it would be a shame to miss them.

Cheers!
Soren
alden

Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:29 am

Soren

You can get Saphir products and instructions how to use them at

Talon Rouge
10, rue du Laos
75015 Paris

C&J is less expensive in London or via the net as the euro is quite strong and the prices in Paris are high.

Cheers

Michael
Jordan Marc

Fri Aug 12, 2011 2:23 pm

Soren:

You can buy Saphir shoe care products directly from Valmour. Fr. All you need is a valid credit card to make a purchase, which will be dispatched to your address via airmail. It's worth exploring Valmour's
entire website before buying. Should you have any questions, you can email Valmour and a helpful representative will get back to you straightaway. Said rep may be French, but he or she will be fluent in English. By the way, there is more--much more--to Saphir than just shoe cream and polishes. The site is a treasuretrove of goodies for most of your leather needs.

I say most because you should investigate SELVYT polishing cloths, which are made in England. Although Saphir makes polishing cloths, SELVYT's cloths are the best. Lay in a good supply of the biggest cloths offered, which can be cut into smaller sizes and reused when washed. If they're good enough for John
Lobb of St. James, they're good enough for you.

JMB
soren

Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:23 pm

Thank you so much, that was very helpful indeed!
Regarding C&J: Is the cheapest option to buy them from, say, Robert Old (prices similar to the official C&J price list, but shipping included)? Plal seems to be out of the game, so I wondered if someone should know about a similar concept...?

All the best
Soren
TheLongwing

Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:06 am

I fear I may be a little late with this reply but whilst in Paris I would highly recommend visiting Carmina. Carmina has scarce availability outside of Spain so the Parisian boutique is a real treat.
All over the world

Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:12 am

Also have a look at Charvet's handkerchiefs and ties while you're there! :)
soren

Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:09 pm

Unfortunatle I got home from Paris too early too make use of your suggestions. But I will remember them next time! :) For the record: Talon Rouge is closed in August, which left me no choice but too buy all the products from Valmour. That seems to be a very good service indeed (albeit quite expensive shipping), and I'm eagerly looking forward to receiving my products tomorrow.

Cheers,
Soren
  • Information