Tincati New York

"The brute covers himself, the rich man and the fop adorn themselves, the elegant man dresses!"

-Honore de Balzac

gogilo

Sat May 21, 2011 4:35 pm

I was pleasantly surprised last week to see famous Tincati from Milan on the Madison Av in NYC. The shop is spread over four floors, including on-site tailors. The collection of fabrics for custom shirts and suites is pretty extensive. I was impressed by their house label "neapolitan" cut suites, not as much by "milanese" cut, even though both are impeccable. The fit was comparable to my Attolini suite and blazer, but, unfortunately, the prices were also comparable to luxury brands (Attolini,Kiton). I would be interested to hear from others more about their bespoke or MTM suites; where would they stand regarding value for the money ("value" is little ironic when you talk about 4-5K suits ?!)? Thanks!
Badden

Mon May 23, 2011 5:07 pm

They have 2 options in NYC: full bespoke done locally at $5.5K, and a MTM product finished in Italy starting at $4K.

I don't know much about the Tincati style / cut, and would be curious to learn more about their 'chops' in bespoke tailoring.
  • Information