Huntsman feedback and advice

"The brute covers himself, the rich man and the fop adorn themselves, the elegant man dresses!"

-Honore de Balzac

dempsy444

Mon Mar 28, 2011 3:23 am

Hello,

I am new to Savile Row bespoke. I recently commissioned my first SR suit, a Huntsman 2 piece. I like the house's lean and close fit and want something more structured than the Italian suits I currently wear. I have read some older posts about the drop off in quality at Huntsman, particularly in the area of its sowing and detailing. A few years have passed since those posts were made and I would be very interested to learn about anyone's recent experience with Huntsman and any advice to help me see the suit through most successfully. I am working with one of its senior cutters. I live in the United States.

Thank you for your time.
alden

Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:13 am

Dempsy444

I am not a client of Huntsman, but there are a few here on the LL. From what I have seen of their work, it is excellent in every respect. Peter Smith and Patrick Murphy are professionals and you are in very good hands with them.

Was there any specific question about Huntsman you wish to ask?

Michael Alden
dempsy444

Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:09 pm

Hi Alden,

Thank you for reassuring me about Huntsman. I am very new to the bespoke process, with the exception of comissioning a couple of good suits from an Italian tailor in Argentina while I was on vacation. Patrick Murphy was not the cutter on the trip to my US city. I am working with Dario Carnerra. He seems very good. I guess my more specific question is, has anyone worked with Dario? and more generally, can I expect the same level of Huntsman quality from a cutter other than Patrick Murphy? I'd like to think Patrick Murphy is involved in at least watching over each garment but I suspect that is naive to think.

Thanks for the help.
jlazarow

Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:44 pm

dempsy444 wrote:Hi Alden,

Thank you for reassuring me about Huntsman. I am very new to the bespoke process, with the exception of comissioning a couple of good suits from an Italian tailor in Argentina while I was on vacation. Patrick Murphy was not the cutter on the trip to my US city. I am working with Dario Carnerra. He seems very good. I guess my more specific question is, has anyone worked with Dario? and more generally, can I expect the same level of Huntsman quality from a cutter other than Patrick Murphy? I'd like to think Patrick Murphy is involved in at least watching over each garment but I suspect that is naive to think.

Thanks for the help.
I am a current customer of Huntsman and A & S. I can say that both are wonderful, if not very different. The current leadership team at Huntsman is great. Patrick is outstanding and I really like Peter. I have met Dario and I think highly of him. He seems quite good. I know his father and I am sure he learned the value of perfection.
dempsy444

Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:53 pm

Jlazarow,

Thank you for sharing your experience at Huntsman and opinion of Dario. I am relatively young so I like the idea of working with the next generation. There is less risk he will retire on me.
  • Information