Polosophy

"The brute covers himself, the rich man and the fop adorn themselves, the elegant man dresses!"

-Honore de Balzac

~ Monsieur Xu ~

Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:56 pm

Has anyone tried them before? Any reviews of product quality and fit, as well as service?

Will probably be sending them a bespoke shirt to copy, so will not be measured in person, but I suppose with polo shirts the fit shouldn't be too difficult to pin down.
~ Monsieur Xu ~

Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:18 pm

I see that none of our eminent membership are clothed in bespoke polos...
yialabis

Fri Nov 12, 2010 5:15 pm

I've used them and I was not happy with the fit ..although the cloth is good .!! There was actually a whole LL thread with comments and photos but I can’t find it :? Maybe Michael can help
regards
Vassilis
~ Monsieur Xu ~

Fri Nov 12, 2010 5:34 pm

yialabis wrote:I've used them and I was not huppy with the fit ..although the cloth is good .!! There was actually a whole LL thread with comments and photos but I can’t find it :? Maybe Michael can help
regards
Vassilis
The cloth they offer is a Loro Piana 60/2 pique cotton, which seems to be exclusive to them, hence the USP.

I'm surprised the fit was unsatisfactory - even my RTW Lacoste polos fit pretty much as well as one would expect.

If there were some way to get hold of the fabric, perhaps a pique or jersey uncanvassed sportcoat would be interesting...
Stromen

Fri Nov 12, 2010 6:35 pm

I have a couple of Polosophy polo's. The first one was terrible. The second one was good, because they changed tailor in the mean time. That was also the reason for a second try. It's not bespoke, it's made-to-measure by the way.
mafoofan

Fri Nov 12, 2010 10:06 pm

I can't appreciate the concept of a bespoke polo shirt. Polo shirts are inherently casual, sporty things with a loose tolerance for fit. It's really just one step away from a bespoke t-shirt.
  • Information