Sized Bow Tie? (No adjustable clips)

"The brute covers himself, the rich man and the fop adorn themselves, the elegant man dresses!"

-Honore de Balzac

ks

Thu Jul 22, 2010 1:55 am

Does anyone where I can get a simple black bowtie (to go with my tuxedo) in my neck size? It seems to me that it should be a simple matter for a store to stock bow ties in varying neck sizes, but I can't seem to find one.

To be clear, I am looking for a bow tie that I tie myself (so, not pre-tied) and that is one set length (as opposed to the bow ties that have the little hook on the inside to allow it to be adjusted to necks of varying widths).

Is my only option to commission a custom bow tie? If so, any suggestions as to where I can get that done? I have looked on this board and found mentions of Charvet and Seigo, but if I am looking for a simple black silk bow tie, are these the best places?

Thanks!
dufossat

Thu Jul 22, 2010 2:18 am

Both Budd and New & Lingwood stock formal and semi-formal sized bow ties (or did as of a few years ago).
Simon A

Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:09 am

The London tailors, Ede and Ravenscroft, sell them in black silk satin. The price is quite reasonable.

http://shop.edeandravenscroft.co.uk/pro ... a-silk-bow
Edward Bainbridge

Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:26 pm

dufossat wrote:Both Budd and New & Lingwood stock formal and semi-formal sized bow ties (or did as of a few years ago).
Wait, formal-coloured ties are worn with white tie, right, and semi-formal coloured ones with black tie? :-)
couch

Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:32 pm

Right. And Budd and N&L stock both, I believe.
Levi

Mon Jul 26, 2010 7:29 pm

Mine was ordered from Dion Neckwear here in Canada. It's a one-piece, sized satin in a butterfly shape.
Frog in Suit

Sat Jul 31, 2010 10:35 pm

dufossat wrote:Both Budd and New & Lingwood stock formal and semi-formal sized bow ties (or did as of a few years ago).
New & Lingwood have black ties (probably both "grosgrain" -- correct terminology?-- and "satin") by neck sizes. I assume they also have white ties.
Frog in Suit
Rudolf

Sat Aug 14, 2010 6:43 pm

I know for sure that Budd's sell white marcella bow ties fitted to the specific neck size.
David Hober

Sat Aug 21, 2010 8:41 pm

ks wrote:Does anyone where I can get a simple black bowtie (to go with my tuxedo) in my neck size? It seems to me that it should be a simple matter for a store to stock bow ties in varying neck sizes, but I can't seem to find one.

To be clear, I am looking for a bow tie that I tie myself (so, not pre-tied) and that is one set length (as opposed to the bow ties that have the little hook on the inside to allow it to be adjusted to necks of varying widths).

Is my only option to commission a custom bow tie? If so, any suggestions as to where I can get that done? I have looked on this board and found mentions of Charvet and Seigo, but if I am looking for a simple black silk bow tie, are these the best places?

Thanks!
KS,

Hopefully, in the not so distant future we will have enough time to start offering bow ties. Black silk bow ties will of course be an option as will picking your length, width shape etc..
mylesnm

Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:38 pm

For a custom black silk bowtie, ( ) does offer have some variables for you to consider. At ( ), custom bespoke bowties without adjustable clips can be made to any length you wish. The design size of the butterfly widths also can be made to your taste. Custom bespoke bowties come with or without Italian wool interlining. There are a couple different options for silk material. For example, smooth black Charmeuse silk in either 19 mm or 38 mm thickness or black Brocade silk with a tonal paisley pattern in either large or small paisley patterns. See a small collection of available fabrics at ( .)

The custom bespoke handmade neckties and bowties from ( )( ) are hand cut, hand form, hand sewn. A true custom handmade bespoke bowtie or necktie!

I hope this helps for future reference.

EDITOR: I hope the message comes through loud and clear for immediate reference
Edward Bainbridge

Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:28 am

mylesnm wrote:I hope this helps for future reference.
What's the name of the company again? Do they have a website?
shredder

Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:50 am

:lol: :lol: :lol:
  • Information