Spanish bespoke tailor

"The brute covers himself, the rich man and the fop adorn themselves, the elegant man dresses!"

-Honore de Balzac

El Aristócrata

Wed Mar 03, 2010 8:35 am

Dear friends,

I just carried out an interview with who is supposed to be the best Spanish tailor and one of the best European ones.
He is the tailor of our Prince Felipe as well as many other relevant people. Here, in Spain, tailors do not normally talk about their work nor about the profession itself. This is why I consider this interview a quite an important step.

During the interview he talks about the actual English and Italian bespoke as well as many other important issues such as the importance of the pattern, caring of suits etc

As some of you already know in our webpage we do not carry any sales nor publicity at all and this is why I am reporting on it here.

The article has many interesting photos (I attach here only a couple of them) as well as a Google translator that provides a not too bad translation to English.

No matter which language you write I would appreciate if you could leave a comment in the blog after reading it.

My best regards
EA
The_Sartorialist

Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:32 pm

El Aristócrata,

¿Qué tal?

Apologies, but that was the best Spanish I could muster! :D

It is always interesting to read about bespoke tailors all over the world. Please forgive me if I have overlooked something here, but is there is a link to the blog which you have mentioned?
El Aristócrata

Wed Mar 03, 2010 5:05 pm

You´re right
My apologizes

www.elaristocrata.com
pichao

Wed Mar 03, 2010 7:35 pm

Muy lindo, che... (lived in Argentina during the nineties)

I really enjoyed your article, who depth describes an artisan and his work. I also liked the part comparing English, Italian and Spanish bespoke.

Keep up with the good work!

Pichao
Cufflink79

Wed Mar 03, 2010 8:32 pm

Dear EA:

Thank you very much for posting this great article with the photos. The shop as well as the tailoring is so very elegent.

I found the blog ok from the link you put up, but how do I use the translation?

I have a few Richeal ties that are made in Spain, and I enjoy them very much.

Best Regards,

Cufflink79
Costi

Wed Mar 03, 2010 8:45 pm

The article is so richly illustrated with many stylish coats that my brain refused to switch to reading mode (yet). Thanks for the link.
Gruto

Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:04 pm

A very interesting read. Gallo's workshop is amazing. I've been there once myself. Gallo is not impressed by the SR handwork. I remember that the other tailor that you interveiwed, Reillo, said the same. On the other hand, Gallo is a great admirer of Anderson & Sheppard :D
El Aristócrata

Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:13 pm

Cufflink79 wrote:
I found the blog ok from the link you put up, but how do I use the translation?

Cufflink79
Just choose the language in the Googel bar that you want the article to be translated and the text will appear automatically.

Thanks a lot :D
  • Information