Toronto or Widnsor, CA Bespoke suit tailors?

"The brute covers himself, the rich man and the fop adorn themselves, the elegant man dresses!"

-Honore de Balzac

Ligament

Thu Aug 11, 2005 5:54 pm

Gents,

I can travel to Toronto or Windsor for a bespoke suit, should you have any recommendations. Hopefully your suggestions will help others as well.

Best Regards.
Phil

Thu Aug 11, 2005 6:36 pm

My two Toronto favourites, because of that ratio of price to quality are:

Craig Christian Clothier, 335 Bay St. (2nd Floor). You want to speak to Jeff Craig at 416-849-3526. Jeff's spent his career on the retail side of the industry having run the custom departments for two notable Toronto clothiers (Stollery's and Rego). It's not an in-house bespoke operation. Work is done offsite but I have a jacket and suit from this shop and can attest to the quality of the workmanship. Hand cut canvas linings, a nice selection of super 150s wools in stock, and then anything you like out of the sample books. A great selection of buttons and a lot of attention paid to your preferances. Very good sewing and they take their time -- 4 to 5 weeks.

Joseph Simonetta, 2847 Dufferin St., 416-781-0817. Italian tailor trained in England and Germany before moving to Toronto in 1964. Working with Joe is a super experience. He does all the work in-house himself with one assistant. He likes to do three fittings and has a nice selection of wools in stock as well as the ability to order anything that suits your fancy. Joe also does a great shirt and will make garments with fabric you bring him. He finished some garments for me that were started by a tailor who fell seriously ill. He's extremely accomodating and an all around good person.
  • Information