The new London Lounge

"The brute covers himself, the rich man and the fop adorn themselves, the elegant man dresses!"

-Honore de Balzac

Lance

Mon Jun 29, 2009 12:52 am

Good to see everyone back and posting; just now found the new site. Thanks for your effort Michael, the site looks great.
Cufflink79

Mon Jun 29, 2009 1:33 pm

Ah the wait is over!

Just like everything else that is bespoken, a website design takes time, skill, and yes... even setbacks.

A wonderful wait indeed, and a chance to reunite with friends old and new alike.

Best Regards,

Cufflink79
Milo

Mon Jun 29, 2009 4:13 pm

Back from travelling, I see the Lounge is back up. I have missed it a lot while it was gone, and I am very glad we are back!

Milo
troutonthefly

Tue Jun 30, 2009 3:05 pm

Michael,
Please know that your efforts with the LL are sincerely appreciated. Well done and welcome back!
Trout
Scot

Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:17 pm

Gentlemen, I have missed this! Nice to see all the old lags back behind sartorial bars, in impeccably cut prison suiting no doubt. Goodness knows what you were getting up to without this to keep you occupied :D (Thanks to MA for soring out my log-in problems)
Valentina Iv

Tue Jun 30, 2009 11:01 pm

I congratulate all with long-expected return of the favourite forum!!!... :) :) :)
Cordovan

Wed Jul 01, 2009 4:04 am

Great to be back! Thanks for all of your work Michael.

Cordovan
sartorius

Tue Jul 07, 2009 3:42 pm

Well, I have been unable to log in until today when, hey presto, it has worked. I have no idea what the issue was but previously whenever I logged in I was then immediately bounced back out to the Forum page.

Hopefully the glitch has now resolved itself. Glad the site is up and running again and I look forward to more lively debate.

Sartorius.
marcelo

Tue Jul 07, 2009 5:43 pm

I was experiencing exactly the same problem, but it simply disappeared by itself. Anyway, it is nice to see old members in the new forum.

Marcelo
couch

Thu Jul 09, 2009 6:10 pm

It's a pleasure to resume the conversation with all of you, and to watch the new site come together. Thanks indeed to Michael for the effort involved, particularly the conversion challenges related to going live with individual features piecemeal in order to restore basic functions as early as possible.

- Couch
Plush

Sun Jul 12, 2009 2:26 am

Luv hanging in the Lounge.
Thank you for the nice work on the new Lounge.

best from Chicago,
Plush
cybernetics

Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:48 am

FINALY ... I'm back . Hello to everyone ! It is me Yialabis in case you are wondering . I had a lot of trouble logging in and I had to change my name as well . Anyway nice to be back !

Regards to all

Vassilis
cybernetics

Wed Jul 15, 2009 8:45 am

well it seems as it is hello and goodbye ..so goodbye as cybernetics I will be soon back as yialabis ..! :D
alden

Sat Aug 08, 2009 3:02 pm

Gentlemen

Thanks to each of you for the very kind messages of support.

Here is the message I intended to send you prior to the unfortunate outage that we know:

The LL is approaching its five year anniversary (March 20, 2004-2009.)

In the last five years, thanks to the member’s solidarity and cooperation, we have actually accomplished a great deal that is tangible. I am thinking of the depth of information available in the various forums, the Cloth Club products, Limited editions, and new forum concepts. I think it is safe to say, and it is a credit to all of you who have contributed to the forum, that The London Lounge members are doers of the Elegance word.

Articles mentioning the LL have appeared in many journals and newspapers recently: the London Times, Esquire, Departures, Borsen and Corriera della Sera to name a few. I am happy the site is getting a bit of recognition but would be just as glad if it remained a hidden jewel to be shared by a few impassioned connoisseurs of the elegant life.

More goodness is always a good thing and more dedicated members would help to amplify the message but there will never be advertising on the Lounge. The site will move forward fueled by your generous contributions and interest.

Finally, I would like to say that it is an honor for me to be in your midst these last years. I am very fortunate to have made great friends from among the LL members. And many of you have made contact with men who share your interests as well.

The emails and letters I receive from you are often works of art, full of humor or just very moving. I thank you for sharing them with me.

Here’s a toast to you all and to the next five years!

Thanks and

Cheers!

Michael Alden
storeynicholas

Sat Aug 08, 2009 6:47 pm

For my part, thank you for starting this site and for keeping it going. I have certainly come across many fine correspondents here and even managed, on the Far Side, to meet one of them. a toast in return then, this evening, shall be to the LL.
best,
NJS
  • Information