Meyer & Mortimer on screen

"The brute covers himself, the rich man and the fop adorn themselves, the elegant man dresses!"

-Honore de Balzac

Frog in Suit

Mon Nov 17, 2008 2:24 pm

For those who may be interested, herewith please find a link to a sequence of a 2008 British production, The Bank Job, directed by Roger Donaldson. The Meyer & Mortimer scene is to be found some 2 and 1/2 minutes into the excerpt:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHyoOoOc ... re=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHyoOoOc4UE

If the above do not work, go to YouTube and look for "the bank job part 3".

The scene was shot on a Sunday, the first shot taken from a crane outside. Apparently M & M were selected because they are one of the very few West End shops left with a frosted glass front. The interior also appears not to have been tampered with in a long time. The "surrender" joke is one of Mr. Lewis, the M.D., lengthened and losing, I think, the pithiness of the original. The saddle usually stands on the side.

Frog in Suit
Jack_Rabbit

Sat Nov 22, 2008 3:43 pm

I was very interested to see this clip; especially as Sean O'Flynn, my shirtmaker, has recently moved into this very location.

Good spot.
Frog in Suit

Sat Nov 22, 2008 4:19 pm

Jack_Rabbit wrote:I was very interested to see this clip; especially as Sean O'Flynn, my shirtmaker, has recently moved into this very location.

Good spot.
I had the pleasure of shaking hands with Sean O'Flynn when I visited M & M two weeks ago. I did not spot anything; I was told about the existence and title of the film at that time and just googled...

Frog in Suit
TimMureau

Tue Nov 25, 2008 2:04 am

I really did enjoy from this video.
The tailor who is in the shop, is that a real tailor from Meyer & Mortimer?
Frog in Suit

Tue Nov 25, 2008 8:59 am

TimMureau wrote:I really did enjoy from this video.
The tailor who is in the shop, is that a real tailor from Meyer & Mortimer?
No, he is an actor (James Faulkner). He uses a (much amplified, not to say watered down) joke of Brian Lewis's, M & M's M.D.

Frog in Suit
TimMureau

Thu Nov 27, 2008 3:42 pm

Dear Frog in Suit,

Do you know or the suits that the actors in the movie are wearing are also made by Meyer & Mortimer?

regards,
Tim
Frog in Suit

Thu Nov 27, 2008 5:55 pm

TimMureau wrote:Dear Frog in Suit,

Do you know or the suits that the actors in the movie are wearing are also made by Meyer & Mortimer?

regards,
Tim
Dear Tim,

No, I do not know. I shall ask next chance I get. I would guess, pending confirmation from M & M, that what you see in the shop (customer wearing uniform on saddle and tailor) just may be. None of the other suits (I have only looked at the film on internet up to the tailor shop scene) seem to be their style, but who knows?

Best,

Frog in Suit
Leon

Thu Nov 27, 2008 8:49 pm

Nice reference, there, to Tommy Nutter!

Leon
  • Information