Castle Tailor

"The brute covers himself, the rich man and the fop adorn themselves, the elegant man dresses!"

-Honore de Balzac

JRLT

Tue Oct 07, 2008 1:00 pm

Gentlemen,

Some of you may be familiar with Castle tailor in Castle Street, in the City of London. It is tucked away in a little alley and has the look of a full bespoke operation (although the cards in the window advertise made to measure only (I suspect they may be using the term loosely)). Do any of you have any experience, good or bad, of using this firm?
sleats

Tue Oct 07, 2008 1:07 pm

used them for an alteration once... expensive and not a great job. no knowledge as to their suits though I am afraid
The Doctor

Tue Oct 07, 2008 3:11 pm

JRLT wrote:Gentlemen,

Some of you may be familiar with Castle tailor in Castle Street, in the City of London. It is tucked away in a little alley and has the look of a full bespoke operation (although the cards in the window advertise made to measure only (I suspect they may be using the term loosely)). Do any of you have any experience, good or bad, of using this firm?
It’s run by Jon DeBoise, who’s my older brother.

He worked for Edward Sexton & Tommy Nutter when they had "Nutters"
& we both worked for Edward Sexton when he parted company with
Tommy.

He's had his own business since October 1987 (Castle Tailors), based mainly
in the City of London but has premises in Savile Row where he also works
from.

His style is very much that of Edward’s & Kilgour, which is a more structured coat.

He has two lines, a full bespoke & a made to measure, both of which are fully canvassed.

0207 623 5063

jondeboise@talk21.com

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edwin DeBoise

www.steed.co.uk
sean turley

Mon Oct 20, 2008 2:38 pm

i also had alterations done and concur it waspoor and expensive, also had similar at redwood and feller, sorry to say, connock lockie better, though i reccomended them to a friend who said he found them RUDE.
marcelo

Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:59 pm

welcome to LL, sean turley!
storeynicholas

Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:33 am

sean turley wrote:i also had alterations done and concur it waspoor and expensive, also had similar at redwood and feller, sorry to say, connock lockie better, though i reccomended them to a friend who said he found them RUDE.
In comparison with my recollection of modern british manners (lower case intended),, I am: astonished, appalled and, I fear, incredulous. about the reception at C&L.
NJS.
  • Information