Holland & Sherry via Samuelsohn MTM?

"The brute covers himself, the rich man and the fop adorn themselves, the elegant man dresses!"

-Honore de Balzac

gherrmann

Thu Apr 24, 2008 6:12 am

I was recently shown a book of suiting swatches from the Samuelsohn MTM program consisting (I believe) entirely of H&S worsted cloths in an 8 1/2 ounce weight. Does anyone happen to know from which H&S book(s) this Samuelsohn book is assembled (I am assuming that it's not a set of exclusive designs)? Unfortunately, I neglected to note any of the reference numbers. The book consisted primarily of relatively staid solids and stripes, including a medium grey solid that caught my eye.

Thanks in advance for any information anyone might be able to provide.

Regards,

-gabe
zegnamtl

Thu Apr 24, 2008 1:15 pm

I can not answer your question directly, but I may suggest you drop the production manager a note, via:

JackG@samuelsohn.com

I have a fair bit of Samuelsohn and he has been very kind to me.
gherrmann

Thu Apr 24, 2008 3:22 pm

zegnamtl wrote:I can not answer your question directly, but I may suggest you drop the production manager a note, via:

JackG@samuelsohn.com

I have a fair bit of Samuelsohn and he has been very kind to me.
Thank you. I do appreciate the suggestion.
Chris Rimby

Thu Apr 24, 2008 3:31 pm

Will you let us know what you find out? Samuelsohn MTM is an option here in Atlanta and I'd love to know if H&S cloth is available.
gherrmann

Thu Apr 24, 2008 3:34 pm

Chris Rimby wrote:Will you let us know what you find out? Samuelsohn MTM is an option here in Atlanta and I'd love to know if H&S cloth is available.
It was definitely H&S cloth -- the cover of the book identified it as such. I'm just not sure what H&S range it was. If I obtain any further information, I will certainly pass it along.
Chris Rimby

Thu Apr 24, 2008 3:39 pm

Oh ok gotcha.
zegnamtl

Thu May 01, 2008 1:03 pm

Jack has been away from the office for the better part of two weeks,
I happen to meeting him for lunch this Friday, May 2nd, to get some production questions answered.

If you have any specific questions, please let me know and I will ask him during out lunch tomorrow.

You may e mail me directly at:

zegnamtl@yahoo.ca

Allen
zegnamtl

Fri May 02, 2008 9:19 pm

Gabe,

I had lunch with Jack from Samuelsohn today and we spoke of your question on H+S cloth.
He very graciously lent me three books to look at for you, there is one in the series that he no longer has, book 123.
The problem lies in that there seems to be no direct reference to the H+S books, there are however some ID numbers on the cloth and in the hopes they are the same and someone here can cross reference them to H+S books for you:

Book 122
Luxury Jackets
10 to 12 oz wools, hounds tooth, gun club, herringbone

Book 124
Luxury wool and silk jacketings
8 and 9 oz

There is two solid gray near the back of the book,
super 100s 9 oz
Deep Gray DB71936
Mid gray 1932

Book 121

Super 140s worsted (with silk and silver mink)
there is some very cloth in this book, it sounds like it may be the book you saw by the pattern descriptions, but slightly heavier weights. I have one suit with cloth from this book.

The opening cloth is a light gray chalk striped.
Near the back, there are 4 shades of gray, but they are 11 oz

DC971795 being the lightest and getting progressively darker, 98 is a very deep gray.

I hope this can be of some help to you.
gherrmann

Mon May 05, 2008 5:05 pm

Thanks, zegnamtl! The information is much appreciated, although I'm not sure the mystery is solved. Perhaps I'll need to go back to my source. The two gray 9oz 100s seem similar to what I saw (although I could have sworn that the entire book I was shown was specifically billed as 81/2 oz). I will try to track down the reference numbers on my end to see whether we were looking at the same book.

Again, many thanks!
zegnamtl wrote:Gabe,

I had lunch with Jack from Samuelsohn today and we spoke of your question on H+S cloth.
He very graciously lent me three books to look at for you, there is one in the series that he no longer has, book 123.
The problem lies in that there seems to be no direct reference to the H+S books, there are however some ID numbers on the cloth and in the hopes they are the same and someone here can cross reference them to H+S books for you:

Book 122
Luxury Jackets
10 to 12 oz wools, hounds tooth, gun club, herringbone

Book 124
Luxury wool and silk jacketings
8 and 9 oz

There is two solid gray near the back of the book,
super 100s 9 oz
Deep Gray DB71936
Mid gray 1932

Book 121

Super 140s worsted (with silk and silver mink)
there is some very cloth in this book, it sounds like it may be the book you saw by the pattern descriptions, but slightly heavier weights. I have one suit with cloth from this book.

The opening cloth is a light gray chalk striped.
Near the back, there are 4 shades of gray, but they are 11 oz

DC971795 being the lightest and getting progressively darker, 98 is a very deep gray.

I hope this can be of some help to you.
  • Information