Mumbai tailors

"The brute covers himself, the rich man and the fop adorn themselves, the elegant man dresses!"

-Honore de Balzac

Oliver80

Fri Nov 23, 2007 11:47 am

Dear Sirs

I am due to spend 12 months in Mumbai from March 2008.

I would be grateful if any members could recommend a tailor or tailors in or around Mumbai where I will be able to order some new suits

Many thanks in advance

Oliver80
rjman

Fri Nov 23, 2007 12:44 pm

I know people on Ask Andy and Styleforum have posted some advice about Bombay tailors. Sorry, Mumbai. No firsthand experience with a tailor I would recommend -- I had a bad experience with Kachins a couple of years ago, although another poster apparently did not.
dt_neilson@yahoo

Tue Nov 27, 2007 6:55 pm

rjman wrote:I know people on Ask Andy and Styleforum have posted some advice about Bombay tailors. Sorry, Mumbai. No firsthand experience with a tailor I would recommend -- I had a bad experience with Kachins a couple of years ago, although another poster apparently did not.
I lived in Mumbai for some years, but never found a really good tailor. I had a couple of jackets made, but they were very ordinary - I pretty quickly turfed them out. When I wanted a suit, I either went to Daks, in the Taj Mahal Hotel, Mumbai, or if in Delhi, went to Blues Brothers (who had a decent selection of designer suits). If I wanted a bespoke suit I waited till I had a business trip to Bangkok and had two or three of suits tailored at World Garment Group, in New Road, near the Oriental Hotel. Took about 4 days from start to finish - I don't know if they are still in business- I haven't been in Bangkok for about 5 years.
  • Information