DB navy blazer

"The brute covers himself, the rich man and the fop adorn themselves, the elegant man dresses!"

-Honore de Balzac

chapunso

Sat Nov 17, 2007 9:44 am

Gentlemen: I have been puzzled for quite some tome about this most important matter. My clothers purveyor wants to sell me a DB navy blazer from pal zileri. It does not have vents, and I am confused about the need for vents in a DB blazer. I have been told that this is classic italian desing, and that the british ones do have vents. Someother fellow in another forum has told me that before 1930 in englnd, the navy blazers did not have vents, reson why I am confused. Could someone at forum cast some light for me?
Could also someone tell me where to find a decent DB navy DB blazer?. I have tried on line, and I do not see anything decent. I have seen the BB one and the quality is pitiful.
thanks
jpontin

Sat Nov 17, 2007 6:16 pm

Traditionally, in Britain, the kind of double-breasted blazer with regimental buttons that an officer would wear in summer, would not have vents. Almost all RTW blazers now have two vents, however.
Duke of Windsor

Tue Nov 20, 2007 3:40 pm

I have the ralph lauren one which you can purchase on their website. It fits well and is side vented with ticket pocket. I would recommend it.

Duke of Windsor
dfloyd

Sun Dec 16, 2007 4:33 am

You may have seen the standard BB blazer which I don't care for either. The BB Country Club blazer, however, is a nice RTW available in db or sb. I have one which I have been wearing for 4 years and it has held up well. It is an English cut, or as close as BB gets to one, with side vents, a suppresed waist, and a flair to the skirt. It retails for about $648. On Sale, 25% off. If this is the one you're referring to, it is not as you say "pitiful". You may not like it, but most consider it a nicely done rtw in a 130s Zegna fabric.
HappyStroller

Fri Dec 21, 2007 1:37 am

The current December weather in Shanghai is just right for wearing the standard navy blazer. I'm glad mine s Garbadine as light drizzle seems to be the typical pattern these few days.

Does the navy blazer have lapel buttonholes? If so, should there be one for each side because the coat is DB and has peak lapels?
chapunso

Sun Dec 23, 2007 10:09 am

dfloyd: I sincerely aplogize. I will get the link. By the way, I live if south florida. Is the fabric light enough?
chapunso

Sun Jan 06, 2008 8:56 am

dfloyd. i followed your advice and I bought it. It is great. thanks for the tip.
  • Information