Hilary at Edward Green Contact info request

"The brute covers himself, the rich man and the fop adorn themselves, the elegant man dresses!"

-Honore de Balzac

luk-cha

Fri May 04, 2007 3:07 am

this is great news i am glad i opened my big mouth for once! :lol:
K-tie

Sat May 05, 2007 9:47 pm

I certainly look forward to further EG alternatives. I am not happy with the EG quality. The leather at the heel of my last EG was too soft and the shoe became misshaped. The response from EG was that I was driving my car too much(!) and the shoe got out of shape because I had it at an angle when driving... Then I had to pay to have it fixed. No more EG for me.
tteplitzmd

Sat May 05, 2007 11:30 pm

K-tie,

I feel your pain. Luxe makers and hybrid maker/retailers like EG are subject to the rules of economics. Walk with your feet, to the competition.
iammatt

Sun May 06, 2007 12:13 am

tteplitzmd wrote:K-tie,

I feel your pain. Luxe makers and hybrid maker/retailers like EG are subject to the rules of economics. Walk with your feet, to the competition.
Since they were never able to find a size/last combination that fit me correctly, I have very little experience with Edward Green. What is definitely true is that most makers of branded luxury goods eventually take a path that will lose them much of their base clientel. Sometimes it is with pricing, sometimes quality and sometimes rotten service. Things rarely improve once they begin to go downhill.
James Lee

Sat May 26, 2007 3:53 am

I am not happy with the EG quality. The leather at the heel of my last EG was too soft and the shoe became misshaped.
I've been very happy with my EG pairs. Never had a heel problem.
tteplitzmd

Sat May 26, 2007 10:51 am

My heels are soft as well. It's futile to even try to address this with them.
bengal-stripe

Sat May 26, 2007 10:07 pm

tteplitzmd wrote:My heels are soft as well.
Sorry, I don’t get it.

Heels are supposed to be soft, at least to a degree, to absorb the impact from walking. (Women’s high heels are not soft, there is a metal spike going all the way through the heel.) Over centuries of shoemaking, stacked leather pieces have been proven to be the ultimate material to combine softness with strength.

Premium shoes have stacked leather heels. In cheaper shoes the heel might be moulded in plastic (with inscribed lines to imitate the look of stacked heels) or a single block of rubber. You definitely do not want a hard material as the core of the heel. The impact of each single step will go right through your body.
  • Information