Rowing Blazer, Trouser Options

"The brute covers himself, the rich man and the fop adorn themselves, the elegant man dresses!"

-Honore de Balzac

JTPH

Wed May 23, 2007 10:08 am

Hello,

This is my first post so please stick with me, I have been "lurking" on this forum for quite some time but only now have had an issue that has bothered me sufficiently to warrant a post.

With Henley approaching I have to decide what trousers to wear again. The issue is my rowing blazer is a off-white/cream colour with a navy blue trim (borders, arms etc....) and the crest on the breast pocket. The issue is what trousers to wear with this jacket. Usually we (the crew, old boys etc...) end up wearing khaki style trousers, however they never really look right.

What colour, type of trouser would you put with an almost white boating jacket? Please remember that it can get very hot at the regatta so needs to be a comfortable and light material.

Many thanks,

J
angelo

Wed May 23, 2007 12:22 pm

JPTH,
the first choice for Your trousers should be,in my opinion , navy blue; this color matches
the navy blue trim (borders, arms etc....) of the jacket;also dark azur should work fine.
During the thirties , matching of white with medium grey was also considered a classics: this would be my third choice.

Regards

Angelo

l
culverwood

Wed May 23, 2007 1:18 pm

Cream flannels are traditional but as you will see in 1st 2nd and 3rd a waistcoat adds to the look.

1st which is most like your blazer seems to have a light blue waistcoat and trousers.
JTPH

Wed May 23, 2007 1:24 pm

Excellent - the top picture is just like the coat - SB, three button, patch pockets, no vents...

Just imagine the red/black ribbon as a very dark blue.

My current flannels are from Daks, where else in London would one recommend for this type of trouser. Cordings?
  • Information