Spencer Hart, Timothy Everest, MtM and Bespoke

"The brute covers himself, the rich man and the fop adorn themselves, the elegant man dresses!"

-Honore de Balzac

tel star

Mon Sep 11, 2006 2:46 pm

To my not-very-experienced-eye the TE looks the better of the two. It has a good fit and a stylish look (especially the coat). I like the waistcoat actually. I wondered about the bottom button. I would go with the established custom - but why should you be pressured to do so? Well done! It's helpful to actually SEE what a final product looks like on the wearer so that the overall look is achieved. I guess you're not entirely happy with either. I wonder how much more you'll have to spend on the suits before you're finally happy .... Such an expensive - but exquisitely pleasurable - undertaking.
BirdofSydney

Sat Sep 16, 2006 3:40 am

The trousers seem a touch long on both suits, perhaps because you've only got side-tabs keeping them up, so they slip a little?

I concur also, that if you have a high buttoning point (as on the TE), the bottom button should still be spaced with the ordinary amount of distance (and hence be a bit higher). The pockets too, especially where they are large and slanted.

But, minor things in the context of some lovely garments!
  • Information