Borrelli Knitwear

"The brute covers himself, the rich man and the fop adorn themselves, the elegant man dresses!"

-Honore de Balzac

Dorian271

Wed Mar 22, 2006 1:19 pm

Hi,

has anyone experience with the knitwear from Borrelli? Jumpers, etc.

Thanks.
mrwynn

Wed Mar 22, 2006 10:07 pm

I'm not sure who is making it, but I think the quality is excellent. I have a cotton sweater that is as well made as anything. I just saw some Borrelli cashmere pullovers at Bergdorf Goodman that looked great.
Andre Yew

Fri Mar 24, 2006 4:57 am

I have a wool half-zip (zip goes down to middle of the chest) turtleneck from Borrelli. They run small and a little short for their size: my size in Borrelli suits is EU 48L, and my EU 50 sweater's arms are a bit too short, which is normal for me, and the body is a bit short as well. For example, on me, they will just cover the belt loops on a pair of Levi's 501s, but will tend to rise above the top of the jeans if I sit or move around.

The quality seems to be less than OK: after a couple months of infrequent use, the wool has started to pill, whereas a cashmere sweater from Barneys with far more use in similar conditions is in much better shape. The zipper pull is mother-of-pearl, or something that looks a lot like MOP, which is a really nice touch.

--Andre
pemazel

Sun Apr 02, 2006 9:49 am

Dorian271 wrote:Hi,

has anyone experience with the knitwear from Borrelli? Jumpers, etc.

Thanks.
Good morning.

Alas, I must say, I am disappointed with my Borelli jumper. Though the colour is a very beautiful blue, I cannot accept the fact that the collar detached itself after wearing the jumper 2 o r 3 times.

Paul
  • Information