Ulysse Nardin - Repairs and Restoration

Discuss travel, watches, gastronomy, wines, boats and all other aspects of the Elegant life
Pickandpick

Sun Dec 07, 2008 11:36 pm

Please would someone recommend a good Independent watchmaker/restorer situated in London, so that I may repair a vintage Ulysse Nardin wristwatch. I am suspicious of the major retailers and would prefer an individual craftsman. I am most grateful for any suggestions.
pchong

Fri Dec 12, 2008 1:22 am

I will strongly suggest you send the watch back to Ulysee Nardin in Switzerland.
MattiaPascal

Tue Dec 23, 2008 2:09 pm

I agree with the above if at all possible return the watch to the orginal manufacturer. However, it's not a perfect world and if you can't you could try a shop on New Bond Street opposite Bonhams auction house or I believe there is another nearby on Maddox street. I'm afraid I can't remember their names but the first is easy to find whilst the second may be somewhat harder since I gather they operate from a basement.

I've not had any personal experience with either establishment but know others who have and all have been most satisfied with the level of service received.

MP
Pickandpick

Mon Jun 29, 2009 3:30 pm

Many thanks for your advice and suggestions. Deeply appreciated.
  • Information