Edicion Limitada

Discuss travel, watches, gastronomy, wines, boats and all other aspects of the Elegant life
JG

Wed Jan 10, 2007 11:14 pm

I have not kept up with the new EL offerings (I think the last one I smoked was the excellent 2003 Hoyo Piramide). Have any of you smoked any of the newer ones? And, a broader question, do you think the ELs are significantly better than the regular lines? I'm not sure that I do, but it could be because the ELs I smoked were pretty fresh, while most of my other sticks are aged (at least somewhat). I suspect that, over time, the ELs will shine.
upmann

Fri Jan 12, 2007 3:14 pm

Dear Mr. JG, in my opinion EL aren't always better than ordinary cuban cigars. It's sure that they have a dark "capa" - the external tobacco leaf.
I think that you can find great cuban cigars both in the regular range that in EL range.
My favourite EL smokes are:
- Partagas, Pyramide EL 2000
- Montecristo, Robusto EL 2000
- Cohiba, Sublimes
It's sure that cuban cigars need 4 or 5 years of ageing and that the three champions over mentioned will last decades whether storaged in the right way.
Regards, UPMANN
JAS

Tue Jan 16, 2007 6:49 pm

Thought I would throw in my two pennies (or 13 euros) as I recently had a Partagas Serie D No 3 Limited Edition - 5 5/8" x 46 (143mm x 18.26mm). My overall reaction was lukewarm at best. Was it the company? (Sweetheart) ~ Location? (Paris) ~ or simply the cigar? It failed to entice my palette and this buyer was kicking himself for not going with the classic #4. Could it be as simple as the ring guage? Anyhow – I would say do not be lured into a LE box without a test drive – just my humble experience. JAS
  • Information