Paris "Black Tie"???

Discuss travel, watches, gastronomy, wines, boats and all other aspects of the Elegant life
hectorm

Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:41 pm

Pierre, Alexandra,
since you seem to know everything that's going on in Paris.
What about the champagne bar Call me bubbles in Montmartre? Is it worthwhile dropping by?
NJS

Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:28 pm

hectorm wrote:Pierre, Alexandra,
since you seem to know everything that's going on in Paris.
What about the champagne bar Call me bubbles in Montmartre? Is it worthwhile dropping by?
Sorry about this - but it is irresistible:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Cdz4Y7KPuQ

NJS
Pierre Spies

Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:46 pm

Sorry, never ears of it...
lxlloyd

Sat Aug 18, 2012 2:26 pm

It's a bit out of my usual roaming territories, but I would call it more of a caviste than a bar, it's a few tables and tasting. I can't really give too much of an opinion, it's a nice caviste, but not the sort of place I would tend to go, if only because my aunt is one of the few masters of wine in the world and I can get a similar service for free and enjoy the pleasure of family company if I visit her! (I also have a friend who works in one of the nicer cavistes on the left bank so again, i'm more likely to go there with friends out of nepotism)

Nice champagnes, but I don't tend to head off to lamarck caulaincourt/chateau rouge too often, especially if i'm likely to be drinking... it's not the safest area for a girl to be walking around in and I have, in the past, been assaulted nearby.

I guess.... positive but I prefer other places?
hectorm

Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:15 pm

NJS wrote: Sorry about this - but it is irresistible:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Cdz4Y7KPuQ
Don´t be sorry, and sing, NJS, sing! :)

Pierre, Alexandra,
thanks for your prompt response. If neither of you can recommend it, then Call it bubbles is not it.
Pierre Spies

Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:25 pm

alden wrote:LX has reminded me that its about time we have an LL meeting in Paris. We have a good group of members in residence and some of you Londoners and Euros might make the trip over. We might get Pierre Duboin to tell us everything we ever wanted to know about shirts, and invite Fox down for a speech on flannels. What do you say?

Cheers

So, what about plannin this? October?
lxlloyd

Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:49 am

I think that the plan rather fell to the wayside at some point... Lets hope there's still interest!
Pierre Spies

Mon Mar 10, 2014 2:08 pm

There is a very nice wine bar I've been regularly frequenting the past months: Inaro (38 rue René Boulanger, near the Republique square).

http://www.parisbywine.com/inaro-restaurant/
http://www.tripadvisor.fr/Restaurant_Re ... rance.html

The two owners / waiters are extremely friendly and passionate about their business, centered (of course) around good wines but exquisite planchas of cheese, delicatessen and fishes (marinated, smoked, raw, etc.).

They don't have a wine menu as they change very frequently their offer, but a formula of prices: "good wine", "excellent" and "heaven", in all servings (glass, carafe, bottle). Same with planchas ("just passing by", "ok just an hour", "All night long").

Their prices are very fair for what they serve, if you avoid tiny mistakes: don't take the largest 25 euros plancha but the one just under as it's half the price but more than half the quantity, and keep to the middle priced bottles and have one or two glasses of the most expensive one as the highest bottles are a bit over priced.

I'm yet to discover a better pprice/quality ratio in wine bars here.
  • Information