CRUISES

Discuss travel, watches, gastronomy, wines, boats and all other aspects of the Elegant life
Trey

Mon Nov 03, 2008 2:36 am

Gents, again:

Oops, apparently that did not work. Perhaps the site is under construction. Regardless, go to the Conde Nast site and type "sybarite" in the search box. The August articles will appear.

Trey
newtom

Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:04 pm

HappyStroller wrote:Perhaps very elegant living may be experienced aboard those majestic British liner cruiseships such as the QEII. Formal dress, ballroom dining, candlelight dining, fine wine, POSH cabins, live orchestras, impressive floorshows, etc.
A transatlantic crossing on a Cunarder is still a bastion of civilised, well travelled and cultured people. I fear we lose Queen Elizabeth 2 next week :(

But I hope very much that Queen Mary 2 will soak up the QE2 community.

The odd multicoloured bow tie aside, an evening on QE2 was one of the best groupings of proper evening wear (white as well as black tie) that I've enjoyed outside a symphony orchestra!
Tone Loki

Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:57 pm

I heartedly recommend Voyages Jules Verne for their cruises, classic destinations, full itineraries and commitment to railway travel:

http://www.vjv.co.uk/

This year, we hope to undertake the Nile Cruise on a reconditioned Royal steamer. My Hercule Poirot fantasies come true!
  • Information