Athens and Peloponnesos

Discuss travel, watches, gastronomy, wines, boats and all other aspects of the Elegant life
HProteron

Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:50 pm

I would welcome learning of recommendations for bespoke opportunities of any sort in Athens (yes, Greece) and for more general activities in the Peloponnesos. I'll be visiting both in June for a few weeks, and have many opportunities to return.

In the past, I've spent most of my time on the beach and visiting archaeological sites, as well as eating and drinking very well indeed. I've found that one can't go far wrong with almost anything on the menu, including retsina and ouzo. Like Leigh Fermor, I have some simple tastes, beyond insisting that my clothes fit, which is why I value the collected experience of the Lounge.

Thank you in advance.
Royal_Elegance

Sun Apr 14, 2013 3:13 pm

You have to visit Nafplion, the first capital of modern Greece.
Also, Monemvasia and Elafonisos should not be missed!

Athens is a big city and has it all. You have to find a local in the know for any tailor or shirt-maker recommendations.

Enjoy!
HProteron

Sun Apr 28, 2013 4:57 pm

Thanks, R_E.

I'll likely re-visit Nafplion and Monemvasia. Never been to Elafonisos. Thank you for the suggestion.

Any Athenians out there with shirt-maker or tailor recommendations?
yialabis

Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:52 am

Go to Vassilis Bourtsalas in Bespoke Athens , www.bespoke.gr ! Vassilis is not a tailor himself but he has a few tailors and shirtmakers working for him .. !
Vassilis
  • Information