A Raglan Overcoat.

What you always wanted to know about Elegance, but were afraid to ask!
Oliver

Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:12 pm

Hello all,

The recent cold spell in London has left me with a classic, Raglan overcoat-sized hole in my wardrobe. I wonder if any of the members might recommend a ready to wear maker that is available around here. I recently stopped into Bates for one of their lovely Tiroler Loden six-panel caps, and a good overcoat is next on the list!

Many thanks,

Oliver.
T.K.

Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:48 pm

Hi, I have been tempted into ordering Magee's raglan. The tweed is probably of a decent quality and the length seems ok. But after some further picture searching I was put off by the size of the collar, which just seems tiny. But you might see things differently: http://mageeireland.worldsecuresystems. ... b-overcoat.
alden

Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:38 am

Salko, Steinbock and Schneiders make excellent Loden coats. You might contact them and ask for their UK stockists.

Typically the collars on these RTW coats are a bit skimpy. So you might want to bespeak one to get it right..!

Cheers
Scot

Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:23 am

alden wrote:Salko, Steinbock and Schneiders make excellent Loden coats. You might contact them and ask for their UK stockists.

Typically the collars on these RTW coats are a bit skimpy. So you might want to bespeak one to get it right..!

Cheers
Good Luck with that! I found them very difficult to come by. A trip to Vienna sorted it out though :D
Simon A

Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:47 pm

Lodenfrey of Munich sell Loden Coats online; the loden cloth is from Leichtfried Lodenfabrik in Zeltweg, Austria. I have one, it seems well made and fits well, and it repels rain very well, but I don't know what the internal construction is like. They are not expensive.

http://www.lodenfrey.com/Trachten/Herren/Maentel/
  • Information