Help with a Classic Deer Hunter Jacket

What you always wanted to know about Elegance, but were afraid to ask!
Othelo

Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:26 am

I write to ask you cultivated members of the LL for help. I want to bespoke a classic Deer Hunter Jacket known in Spanish also as Mc Farlane Jacket (It look close to the S. Holmes coat), but I saw some more contemporary ones, more simple and plain in color. I will use it when I stay at a relatives property in the High Lands of the Andes. I like this kind of coat because gives great mobility to the arms due to its lack of sleeves. May you help me with some suggestions and images. I do not want a costume, rather a contemporary and revisited outfit. My tailor in Lima is very interested in the project but has no pattern at all. I am thinking in a plain green or brown tweed. Many thanks for your help.
Simon A

Fri Jan 06, 2012 6:27 am

If you search through the LL forum archives, using the term "Inverness", you will find patterns for a garment similar to what you seek.

Lovat Mill sell sporting tweed coatings in 640g (with Teflon treatment) and 700g in brown and green. Maybe you like these?

640g

700g

It sounds like a great project, good luck with it.
Othelo

Fri Jan 06, 2012 4:43 pm

Many thanks Simon, I found specially beautiful the green fabric. After doing my homework (reading all the posts) I have collected some patterns that will help my tailor.
  • Information