bi-colour silk knit tie

What you always wanted to know about Elegance, but were afraid to ask!
jrtjon

Tue Sep 27, 2011 4:11 pm

I have got the urge to buy bi-colour/two tone silk knit ties. I have a lovely one from Drakes (blue/white) and currently I would love a darker blue one. However I see that they have stopped selling them.
I then found Kent Wang has some, but I'm not sure that blue/brown or black/white is for me! He does have a blue/blue but it looks very like the one I already have (the joys of the internet means that it's actually purple but...!) and I don't want to risk it! I then found that A Suitable Wardrobe Store has a nice looking one and the right colours, but it seems too slim for me and when shipped to Europe it will be rather expensive! Finally I have been told Gallo supply this type of tie, but try as I might I can't find any examples or where to buy them.
Is there any place in the UK that supplies these ties or another company internationally?
davidhuh

Tue Sep 27, 2011 4:29 pm

Dear jrtjon,

If I understand you well, you should still find what you are looking for at Drake's, http://www.drakes-london.com/ties/knitted

Another option could be Rubinacci on Mount Street 96.

Best regards, David
jrtjon

Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:24 pm

Thanks David - but Drakes only seem to do plain, spotty or striped, and I think the same goes for Rubinacci (although I do have a patterened one of theirs!) Plain knitted ties are very easy to find but not 2-tone
Any more ideas?
Jon
alden

Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:38 pm

New & Lingwood has them in a few color combinations (or they used to.)

Michael
Man at C&A

Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:18 pm

dandystore.fr have offered some nice examples in the past; they seem to have a bare stock cupboard at the moment but I've heard on the grapevine they will be getting new seasons items in soon.
davidhuh

Sat Dec 31, 2011 12:34 am

jrtjon wrote:I have got the urge to buy bi-colour/two tone silk knit ties.
Dear Jon,

getting back on this discussion - I think I have found a source: http://www.hangerproject.com/closet/birdseye-tie.html

Cheers, David
Simon A

Sat Dec 31, 2011 1:04 am

Our member, David Hober, makes them in either fine-knit or gross-knit silk Grenadine. www.samhober.com
jrtjon

Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:06 am

Thank you all for the ideas. I looked at the hanger project but even though the ties are lovely, I found the prices a bit restrictive as well as having to have them shipped to Europe. I know of Sam Hober and I will sometime order a grenadine tie but I really wanted a knit tie - the idea being smart in a casual way (or is it casual in a smart way?).
I have found a UK based company which sell a few bi-colour knit ties - K J Beckett - has anyone any experience with them?
dopey

Tue Jan 10, 2012 3:56 pm

Gallo in Rome has a large selection.
  • Information