Prince William's Wedding Attire

What you always wanted to know about Elegance, but were afraid to ask!
Cufflink79

Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:00 pm

The dress, the dress, the $#@% wedding dress. That's all I hear about for any wedding.

What I'd like to know, has anyone heard any details about the Prince's attire for the wedding?

Will he wear a uniform like his father at his first wedding, or formal attire like his father's second wedding?

Best Regards,

Cufflink79
culverwood

Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:14 pm

Almost certainly uniform but what service?
storeynicholas

Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:03 pm

culverwood wrote:Almost certainly uniform but what service?
He is a serving RAF officer so won't it be that uniform? Mind you, from the fact that it was thought appropriate to recycle the late Princess of Wales's engagement ring, who knows?! Bloody peculiar thing to do, bearing in mind the publicly declared, miserable marriage that it came to represent. Maybe, Prince Harry, as Best Man will give his Hitler outfit another airing - another example of breath-taking tactlessness the first time round.
NJS
culverwood

Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:23 am

RAF uniforms are dull but William does like to keep things low key so perhaps you are right and he will stick to it.
storeynicholas

Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:45 pm

I agree and Naval uniforms are much better but I just don't see how he could snub the RAF when he is actively in it.
NJS
Cufflink79

Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:55 pm

I had a feeling it would have have been a uniform. RAF makes sense since that's where he's currently serving. And yes NJS, lets hope Prince Harry leaves the Hitler uniform at home. :lol:

Best Regards,

Cufflink79
Digby Snaffles

Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:25 pm

It's probable that he will opt for an RAF uniform but will he go for the full dress like the Duke of York (George VI) or will he just wear service dress?

RAF full dress tunic and busby (much better than the awful headwear the bands today wear)
storeynicholas

Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:59 pm

Scroll down this page:

http://www.mlahanas.de/Greece/History/P ... hilip.html

Presumably, he won't go even more formal than the DofE when he married Princess Elizabeth.
Cufflink79

Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:24 pm

As long as Prince William wears a set of cuff links with his uniform I'll be happy. :lol: :roll: :wink:

Best Regards,

Cufflink79
YoungFogey

Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:07 pm

storeynicholas wrote: He is a serving RAF officer so won't it be that uniform? Mind you, from the fact that it was thought appropriate to recycle the late Princess of Wales's engagement ring, who knows?! Bloody peculiar thing to do, bearing in mind the publicly declared, miserable marriage that it came to represent. Maybe, Prince Harry, as Best Man will give his Hitler outfit another airing - another example of breath-taking tactlessness the first time round.
NJS
Engagement rings are classically and traditionally handed down. I think it was rather meaningful, bearing in mind he still has high regards for his late mother, and her not being there and all.
The Harry Hitler joke, :lol: I just remembered his Great Great Uncle was rather chummy with Hitler
storeynicholas

Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:41 pm

I have nothing against hand-me-down engagement rings, where the ring symbolizes a happy union. This ring symbolizes a most miserable misalliance, which ended with each spouse publicy denouncing the other on primetime TV and, of course, each notoriously had indiscreet affaires while still married. That ring, I should think would be better off being locked away for a couple of generations and then wheeled out. But that's just my view.
NJS
Costi

Fri Mar 11, 2011 4:38 pm

Love is eternal while it lasts :)
storeynicholas

Fri Mar 11, 2011 4:57 pm

Costi wrote:Love is eternal while it lasts :)
It even went beyond that in their case because, at an engagement photo-shoot, Prince Chuckles was asked whether he was in love and he said "Love, whatever that is" - not a good start - in fact, demonstrating the sort of tactlessness for which he is becoming well known; even in combination with the current private secretary, who tries to gag him.
All over the world

Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:35 pm

I hope he wears an RAF uniform! So much better than just wearing morning dress.

Ahh, this makes me dream of what I'll be wearing at my own wedding if the day comes. No uniform for me though, I only served in the CCF.
rodes

Fri Apr 29, 2011 12:34 pm

Certainly Prince William looked remarkable this morning. Here is a bigger question. Will all this attention from the world at large translate into an increase in attention of style and form for the world at large? In other words,is there hope?
  • Information