Double vs. Single Breasted

What you always wanted to know about Elegance, but were afraid to ask!
alden

Tue Jun 28, 2011 3:33 pm

Michael could you explain further...wearing it closer to the body, yet cutting it as neutrally as possibly...do you mean a slim cut but with non exaggerated details and not made into a characture as some of these online pictures refer to?

The DB can be worn a bit on the slim side with a bit of shape to accentuate the masculine figure. And it can be worn with "simple" elegance by which I mean avoiding the exaggeration (cited above) that the neophyte considers so exciting. The ridiculous will be irresistible to him, but not to others, for the first two wears at which time it will never come out of the closet (thankfully) again. :D

Cheers
rodes

Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:18 am

Bootsie, I am glad you asked becuse this is a garmet that I, and others, especially like and long, perhaps hopelessly, for its return. The stroller, or black lounge, is a black or oxford grey semi-formal day coat. It is cut like a lounge suit coat preferably with peak lapels if SB, always if DB, and worn with striped or checked trousers. When cut in the SB mode it is worn with a gray or buff waistcoat. Good occasions to employ it are daytime weddings,baptisms,graduations,etc. The genious of the stroller is that it never calls attention to itself. Those who are informed appreciate it for what it is and those who are not view it as a dressy odd jacket. Consult "A Suitable Wardrobe" APRIL 24,2011 "Stroller Season" for a fine DB illustration by LL Fellows or the Knize website for a SB. Have one for summer and preferably another for colder weather and enjoy. You will never regret it.
  • Information