Is grey more elegant than blue?

What you always wanted to know about Elegance, but were afraid to ask!
Concordia

Tue Oct 13, 2020 5:41 pm

I think that for chalk stripes, FdL makes much more sense than the lighter mid-greys. A good project to contemplate.
Screaminmarlon

Tue Oct 13, 2020 6:00 pm

I’m in for a dark grey/ Fdl chalk Brisa!
It’s a wonderful cloth
snapper

Wed Oct 14, 2020 4:42 pm

If we are now discussing brown as a further option is a remake of LLTW09 Brown Cheviot herringbone with crimson stripe a possibility please?

Regards Snapper
Anikolov1

Mon Feb 26, 2024 12:18 pm

Having worn tailoring everyday for work for a few years now, I have come to the following personal realization.

I feel more “cozy” in grey suits and on more relaxed days that’s what I pick to wear. When I don’t have many meeting and am feeling a bit down, I go for grey.

On days I feel much more powerful and want to look sharp and have meetings, I for for my navy suits.

Does anyone else share my thoughts or is it strictly personal?
Concordia

Mon Feb 26, 2024 2:38 pm

The grey suit is more capable of fading into the woodwork. A genuinely neutral statement, which speaks more of the style and cut of the suit rather than the color. Tweeds, flannels, and mid-grey POW soften the impact in ways that wouldn't happen so easily with RAF, French blue, navy, or midnight. And a crisp dark worsted Oxford grey will still assert authority without any fretting about the precise match to shirt and tie.

That said, I always find myself drawn first to blues, partically because that is my favorite color, and partially because the perfect shade is such a lovely achievement. The actual purchase may tilt to grey, but that requires a bit more discipline when shopping.
  • Information