DB vents

What you always wanted to know about Elegance, but were afraid to ask!
snapper

Thu Apr 02, 2020 7:41 am

In old films, upto about mid 20th Century, all double breasted jackets were ventless. Their wearers seem to be comfortable without vents for access to trouser pockets. They don't appear to suffer any restrictions of movement when sitting, dancing etc. Ventless gives a 'cleaner' uninterupted silhouette which I believe was important when filming.

Have any members significant experience of wearing ventless jackets ? If so how do you find them ? Having comissioned DB jackets do you regret the choice of vents or ventless ?

I realise that ultimately this is a matter of personal choice but I would appreciate members comments. Thank you.

Regards,
Snapper
Concordia

Thu Apr 02, 2020 9:07 am

My dinner jackets are ventless, and I have at least one DB suit meant for evening use that is. If the top of the jacket is cut to give you mobility, it shouldn’t be a problem. The main problem is if you need to get into your trousers pockets while seated, but that doesn’t happen a lot:
Screaminmarlon

Thu Apr 02, 2020 7:32 pm

I have a few ventless DB and a couple SB suits: obviously the vents are great when you sit otherwise there’s not much difference (and I find the ventless charming)
snapper

Mon Apr 06, 2020 11:49 am

Gentlemen thank you for your replies.

Regards, Snapper
rodes

Fri Apr 10, 2020 3:47 pm

Thanks to the London Lounge, about half my suits are DB. I got my first one perhaps 15 years ago and really like them, especially in winter. All of these are ventless.
  • Information