Cash's name tapes

What you always wanted to know about Elegance, but were afraid to ask!
Melcombe

Sun Nov 30, 2014 2:34 pm

Ah, the complexities of maintaining an overcoat collection...

I now have 2 bespoke overcoats, which I wear whenever the situation and temperature demand. I also have a few others, RTW examples, that I keep for work when it involves using a lot of public transport or - horror - entrusting my coat to a cloakroom in a public building (courts are the worst : full of criminals. And their clients - as the saying goes...)

As a result of the ubiquity of the covert coat in London in recent years, Ive also regularly been confronted with an office coat rack with a majority of covert coats hanging there. The solution? The Cash's name tape. Nothing so embarrassing as heading into the car park only to find you've someone else's car keys in 'your' pockets.

As a schoolboy, I remember having every single item of clothing marked with a Cash's name tape. I also remember my dear late Mother ordering a gross of them in my final year at school - and using about a dozen of them - since which I've used them at the rate of about 2 a year - mainly scarves, gloves and 'expendable' (in extremis) overcoats. Tests my sewing abilities (poor) and also reminds me of Mum's kindness in dealing with a trunk-load of mind numbing sewing chores over the years.

Anyone else conspicuously name their attire?
  • Information