Question re: sourcing braces

What you always wanted to know about Elegance, but were afraid to ask!
gherrmann

Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:06 pm

gentlemen:

does anyone happen to know of a good source for plain navy barathea braces of a quality level similar to thurstons? for some reason, it appears from the thurstons web site that plain navy barathea is not one of their offerings. I would be interested in any online sources you might be able to recommend, as well as brick-and-mortar sources in new york city or london.

many thanks in advance.
rodes

Sat Jul 21, 2012 3:04 am

gherrmann,
About 6 weeks ago I ordered these braces in navy from Bromley's UK. This firm carries braces from Thurston and my understanding was that this item would be an order that I would have to wait a while for. Although I have not yet recieved them, I did get a message yesterday saying that the order had been dispatched. I should be able to update you next week.
rodes

Sat Jul 21, 2012 3:30 am

gherrmann,
Sure enough, I just checked the Bromleys UK site and my exact braces are there. Looks like they ordered for both of us.
gherrmann

Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:37 am

many thanks for the recommendation, rodes.

now, if I could try to shoot the moon, does anyone have a source for navy barathea braces with brown leather ends?
Sir Royston

Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:54 pm

Hello All..
Back in stock and just in time for Christmas we have some Wonderful Thurston Silk Braces..
There are 2 types.. Some lovely Motor racing Braces.. and some very heraldic style St George braces

These MUST be seen

Pop over to
http://www.fogeyunlimited.co.uk/acatalo ... L9tZKVLqJU

The perfect Christmas present?? Oh, I certainly think so..
  • Information