Fast Bespoke Tailor In London

What you always wanted to know about Elegance, but were afraid to ask!
Magicman

Mon Sep 07, 2009 11:27 am

Hello Friends,

I am looking for a bespoke Tailor in London who may be able to turn around a suit in 2 weeks. I have an important occasion to attend and I'd been kidding myself that I would lose weight and fit something from my wardrobe of beautiful apparel. Unfortunately, I am out of shape and cannot find anything of style and class that will fit my wine loving girth. Any experiences shared would be most gratefully appreciated by good self. I would of course consider MTM if it were made fast and beautiful and would also be most happy to hear of any experiences in this department also.

Grateful thanks to you.
yialabis

Mon Sep 07, 2009 11:58 am

Go to Scabal ..at 12 SR , they might be able to short something out for you on MTM basis .DO NOT EXPECT TOO MUCH THOUGH .
Magicman wrote:made fast and beautiful
. With all the respect I do not think such a thing exists. Beauty is hidden in the processes of life as I'm sure you know, and processes take their own time .

Regards

Vassilis
Magicman

Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:04 pm

Vassilis, hello and thank you. I will visit this Tailor today.
sartorius

Mon Sep 07, 2009 1:42 pm

I think you would have to be a very good customer to persuade any tailor to run you up a full bespoke suit in two weeks. :(

My advice would be to find something RTW or MTM which fits you well off-the-peg, and then have it altered, either by the shop or by your own tailor or a good alterations tailor.

I was in the market for a good morning suit recently and found a very good fitting garment at Huntsman when I tried on something in the stock pattern for their MTM service. I actually didn't buy it (the story behind that is for another thread :evil: ), but the stock pattern was a remarkably good fit.

In terms of alterations, I have taken RTW trousers to my bespoke tailor in the past to have the bottoms finished and some other adjustments, and he can normally turn the work around within a week. I've never asked him to alter a two piece suit mind you, but then they do say that every gentlemen should know a good alterations tailor...
Costi

Mon Sep 07, 2009 4:05 pm

If you started now looking for a tailor to make you a BESPOKE suit in a fortnight, you'd probably have the ideal weight to fit into the old one by the end of it :wink:
Actually a bespoke suit CAN be made very well in a couple of weeks - it is the work in progress for other customers that doesn't allow a tailor to do it.
alden

Mon Sep 07, 2009 5:21 pm

Magicman

We have been able to make suits and overcoats in a week for our visitors in Sicily..the only problem is that the food and wine here is so impossibly good that the clothes don't fit after the week.

Michael
Magicman

Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:44 pm

Thank you all for your kind responses. I have found a tailor and I will report back after I have collected my finished suit.
  • Information